Let's play with TriCore ELF files

As mentioned in other post, initially I was scared I would need to develop also a Flasher tool. But then I found that Infineon is delivering together with AURIX Development Studio (ADS) since version 1.4. By looking at the related readme.txt, I found that Infineon has used a conversion tool from binutils-tricore. In such aspect, the "tricore-objdump.exe" tool could help to read the content of elf files, PFLASH dumps in S-Record formats or bin file (to see opcode, jump table…) on projects using Infineon Tricore CPUs.

Therefore I suggest you to download the binutils-tricore binaries: I did download the respective ZIP file, by this feature:



And use "tricore-objdump.exeas for example:
  • .\tricore-objdump.exe -m tricore -d .\Arduino_KIT_TC275_LK.elf | more ==> permit to view the full project ELF file and discover several aspects (I use this to compare that my AURIXdebugger trace ('t') feature gives back the exact opcodes as intended
  • .\tricore-objdump.exe -m tricore -d .\Arduino_KIT_TC275_LK.elf | Select-String -Pattern "80000020" ==> to serach the <START> section
  • .\tricore-objdump.exe -m tricore -d .\Arduino_KIT_TC275_LK.elf > elf_dump.txt ==> to dump the full ELF file into a ASCII text file

Here some example picture:

Feel free to experiment more....

Commenti